Hora (Ioulida) and Lion
The main village on the island is named Ioulida (Ιουλίδα), but is most commonly referred to as Hora. It’s located in the hillsides in one of the highest points of the island, approx. 20 minutes from the Port. It is definitely worth a visit to walk around the village. From Hora there are many great hikes, pick up a map from one of the local shops and explore the area including the ancient Lion of Kea.
Kea is full of beautiful beaches. We suggest picking up a tourist map from one of the shops in the port. Our favorites: Sikama, Spathi, Kalidonychi, Karthea (hour hike)
Koundoros is an organized beach on the far side of the island that operates scuba diving, boat hires and several water sports.
Tavernas & Restaurants
- In the Port: Rolandos, Magazes, Steki tou Stroggyli
- In Vourkari: Aristos (best lobster pasta ever!), Ennea Kores
- Otzias beach: Anna’s taverna
- Hora (Ioulida, main village): To Steki, O Paparounas, Yiannis Taverna, Kylix.
- Sunset in Hora: To Spiti Sti Hora (The Home in Hora), Panorama
Petradi tourist shop in the Port. Every summer this is where I buy a summer hat, flip flops, sandals, and 90% of the jewelry that I (Katerina) wear. Reasonably priced and I love to give them business!